Sunday 28 December 2014

Best of 2014 | Books

Reading is something I love to do in what little spare time I seem to have these days. I haven't read a lot this year, but the books that I have read, I have really enjoyed. I have also done a similar post on my favourite movies from 2014, which you can find here and my favourite series, which can be found here. 



Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion 
I just finished this book the other day and what a wonderful book it is to read. This book was adapted into a film by the same name, which I also adore. The book revolves around 'R' who is a zombie and befriends Julie, a human. Things begin to change once R meets Julie that is much bigger than just the two of them. The main aspect of the book that I love is the way in which Marion writes. The book is both heart-felt and funny and I highly recommend it. 


Where Rainbows End by Cecilia Ahern 
I am eagerly waiting to watch Love, Rosie, which is the film adaptation of this book and could not wait, so I decided to read the book in the mean time. This book is actually a lot longer than I expected it to be, but I finished in about two days (with little sleep mind you). Nonetheless, I really enjoyed watching the characters grow and how the their relationship changes throughout the years. The only pitfall to this book is that it is so frustrating how nothing ever works out for Rosie and it takes 40 odd years for this book to finish, with a bit of a naff ending. 


Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling 
I had never read the Harry Potter books until recently because I always found it a bit daunting. I am currently on the third book and almost finished. I am going to try finish the series soon and I am looking forward to it.


A Visual Journey by Ed Sheeran
 I got this as a Christmas present and read it in three sittings. If you love Ed Sheeran, you will enjoy this book. It is about his musical journey accompanied by some brilliant drawings of him by Phillip Butah. 


Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth 
Even though I sadly watched the movie before reading the books, I still adore the books. I read the entire trilogy in under a week and read Allegiant in a couple of hours. I have actually done a blog post about a comparison between the first book and the movie, which you can find here

What books have you enjoyed this year?

Sarah x

Design by | SweetElectric